Portland Torque Products, Inc., dba Transmissions Express, issues this non-transferable limited warranty to the original purchaser (as shown on the purchase receipt) of this remanufactured transmission. Portland Torque Products warrants the remanufactured transmission, which was purchased and described in this warranty, to be free from defects in material or workmanship, provided the transmission was properly installed and maintained during the specified warranty period. If the subject transmission fails due to a defect in materials or workmanship during the specified warranty period, Portland Torque Products will repair, replace, or refund, at the sole discretion of Portland Torque Products.
60 Months/100,000 Miles:Passenger cars and light trucks up to ¾ ton except Motor Homes,
Taxicabs and Emergency Service Vehicles.
24 Month/24,000 Miles: Trucks 1 ton and over, Class B and C Motor Homes.
12 Month/12,000 Miles: Class A Motor Homes, taxicabs, and emergency service vehicles,
Standard transmissions and transfer cases.
Limited Warranty Terms, Conditions, and Exclusions to Coverage:
The Limited Warranty shall not apply if the transmission is:
1. Not registered with Portland Torque Products within 30 days of installation.
2. Installed in any vehicle used for off-road use, racing, or having high performance modifications, or use as railroad service vehicles with high rail equipment.
3. Improper installation, including but not limited to, lack of proper lubrication, installation with a different valve body or torque converter other than those supplied with the transmission, installation in an application that was not intended by the original manufacturer.
4. Misuse, abuse, overheating or failure of any kind due to defective equipment installed on the transmission.
5. Not serviced at recommended intervals, use of fluids not meeting the original manufacturer’s specifications.
1. Freight charges after 45 days from the original date of purchase.
2. Labor charges after 1 year from the original date of purchase.
3. Compensation for loss of vehicle use, towing fees, inconvenience, lodging, rentals of replacement vehicles, loss of time, commercial loss, legal fees, or any other consequential loss.
4. Any extensions to the Limited Warranty beyond the described period from the date or mileage of the original installation of the transmission due to repairs or replacements.
5. Repairs or replacements otherwise covered if performed without prior authorization from Portland Torque Products, failure to return the defective transmission, failure to supply proper paperwork and documentation.
6. Parts and Labor costs that exceed allowed limits. Parts and Labor costs due to misdiagnosis.
7. Any costs incurred for replacement of any parts not related to the remanufactured transmission, such as sensors, cooling system components, or any maintenance-related item.
8. Any and all failures occurring outside of the 48 contiguous States of the U.S.A.
9. No benefit, payments, repairs, replacements or remedies are available under this Limited Warranty while any payments from the customer due us remain outstanding.
10. Internal transmission control modules after 1 year.
Labor payout is based on Motor Factory Time at $50.00 per hour on approved claims. Our liability under this Limited Warranty is limited to the price of the defective remanufactured transmission at the time of purchase, and Portland Torque Products shall have no liability whatsoever for any consequential or special damages. This Limited Warranty is the only express warranty made by Portland Torque Products with regards to the remanufactured transmission. The duration of any warranty implied by law, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose, is limited to the duration of the express warranty. The foregoing warranties are exclusive, and in lieu of all other remedies. Some states do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, nor the exclusion or limiting of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary state to state.
LIMITED WARRANTY CLAIMS POLICY:
Written approval for repairs or replacements of remanufactured transmissions under the Limited Warranty must be obtained from Portland Torque Products prior to any work being performed. Any repairs or replacements performed without a Warranty Authorization Number will not be covered. We can be contacted via telephone toll free at 1-877-318-6433. Please have the following information available when contacting us:
1. Sales Invoice Number
2. Part number of the transmission
3. Date and mileage at time of installation
4. Make, model, year, VIN, and current mileage of the vehicle
5. Description of the problem
Diagnostic time will only be covered if authorized in advance by Portland Torque Products. Remanufactured transmissions found to be defective must be returned to Portland Torque Products, or the claim will be denied. The appropriate documentation shown below must be provided to Portland Torque Products:
1. Original sales receipt
2. All service and maintenance records pertaining to the subject remanufactured transmission
3. Sales tickets for any parts purchased to complete repairs or replacements
4. Warranty Authorization Number
Please keep copies of any documentation submitted to Portland Torque Products. Claims not submitted within 30 days will be void.
Remanufactured Transmissions installed by Independent Repair Shops: Current Motor or All Data flat rate, not to exceed $50.00 per hour flat rate, where payable.
Remanufactured Transmissions installed by Vehicle Owner: Self installation labor is not payable. All Parts and Labor payments are subject to approval upon inspection of the remanufactured transmission by Portland Torque Products.
The venue for any legal action or suit pertaining to this warranty shall be the Courts of Multnomah County, Oregon.
*If you do not agree to the terms of the warranty, please return the product prior to installation for refund.
Returns will be accepted within 30 days of the date of purchase, and will require obtaining a Return Authorization Number from us by calling 877-318-6433 in advance. All returns must be unused and in saleable condition, and blister pack parts must be unopened. No returns accepted on special order items. Ask at time of purchase whether this is a special order item. A 20 percent re-stocking charge will apply to any item accepted for return. The customer is solely responsible for shipping charges, collect shipments will not be accepted.
Please view our Transmissions pages for remanufactured units available for most makes and models of vehicles, including Ford, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Lincoln, Mercury, GMC, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, Jeep, American Motors, Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Honda, Acura, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Volkswagen, and many others.